Join us in welcoming your child to Lexia Reading Core5® , a dynamic, fun computer program that has helped millions of students develop reading skills through personalised learning. The activities and instruction in Core5 are aligned to rigorous standards, including the National Curriculum.
Our school is using Core5 as part of our curriculum in reading and literacy – and we want you to share in our excitement! Here’s how this award-winning, computer-based reading program works:
• Students complete placement activities in Core5 to determine their appropriate, individualised starting level.
• Students work independently and at their own pace on activities in Core5 several days a week.
• Students develop fundamental literacy skills in six areas of reading instruction that have been identified by national reading experts: phonological awareness, phonics, structural analysis, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension.
• Students receive scaffolding, corrective feedback, and direct instruction in Core5 when needed.
• Your student’s teacher will monitor his or her progress and performance in the online activities through data reports. These reports help teachers to determine if a student is struggling with a specific skill and requires targeted, teacher-led instruction.
• Students may also receive paper-and-pencil activities that provide offline practice to further improve and expand their skills. They may work on these activities in school, or bring them home to complete as out-of-class work.
Currently, 50 children in Years 3, 4 and 5 take part in Lexia. Sessions are run by our Lexia Co-ordinatior Mrs Bell.
Lexia can be accessed by clicking the Lexia logo at the top of this page or by clicking here - Lexia Login